Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big,big day!

Monday was a big day.

Really big.

Caroline started preschool.


And she was so excited that she didn't even remember to say goodbye to us. You see, she's been waiting a year to go to preschool. Every time we dropped Kate off last year Caroline would ask to stay at preschool. Poor kid probably thought she'd never go. I think she was even a little disappointed that I came to pick her up. 2 1/2 hours just isn't enough time for her. She was one of the last ones there (yes, I was late) and was still having the time of her life. It helps that she has wonderful teachers.


Another reason it was a big day was that I had no problems letting her go. When I was in the worst of my post partum days, leaving my girls was the hardest thing for me to do. I even had a hard time leaving them with my mother. My anxiety would go sky high. I didn't think anyone could ever take care of them as well as I could. And well, let's be honest, no one is going to do things the way that I would. The difference is that back then I would have never given anyone the chance. Now I do.


And so off skipped my 2 year old into her new classroom. She tossed her backpack to the teacher(literally!) and got herself situated inside. She was so confident.


Is it possible that I taught her that?

No comments:

Post a Comment