Monday, December 6, 2010

Broccoli egg "cupcakes"

To say that these were a huge hit is an understatement. My girls each ate 2 1/2! It was really an impromptu recipe but I thought I'd share it.

Mini broccoli egg cupcakes
Ingredients:
Broccoli
Eggs
Cheese (I used cheddar)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

First I cut about 2 crowns of broccoli up into small bite size pieces. Then I threw them into a bowl with a few tablespoons of water and put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to steam them. I separated them into a muffin tin. I had enough for 7 cupcakes. Then I took an egg, cracked it in a bowl, and scrambled it with a fork. I did each egg one at a time and then placed it in a muffin tin. I had a total a total of 7 muffins filled.

Pop the muffin tins into the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Pull out the tin & sprinkle the tops with a little cheese. Put back in the oven for 10 more minutes. You can tell that the cupcakes are done because the egg will look completely cooked. Mine had white spots on the top from where some of the egg white congregated.

I would have posted a picture but seriously, my kids ate them all! I was kind of hoping for leftovers for when Matt got home. Sorry!

Ok, now go make them and let me know how they are! Hopefully your kids will like them as much as mine did. (They even ate all the broccoli!)

No comments:

Post a Comment